This historically significant two storey Californian Bungalow was built by one of the area’s founding landowners and developers in 1924. Proudly rising from an elevated block of some 1077sqm, this immaculately preserved solid brick home is a one-of-a-kind property. It features well-established manicured gardens, lead-light windows, stable gates and wrap-around verandah. Downstairs comprises original period entry foyer, games room and formal lounge/dining; sitting room with expansive built-in bookcases; light-filled extended family zone with kitchen (granite bench tops), lounge, outdoor entertainment area, laundry with toilet and extra storage; two bedrooms (BIR’s) and central bathroom. Upstairs features a third bedroom, fourth bedroom /rumpus room with BIR’s and bookcases, bathroom and ante room.
• Immaculately preserved and sensitively modernised Californian Bungalow (circa 1924)
• Heritage fireplaces, lead-light, decorative plasterwork, stable doors, baltic & jarrah floors
• Four bedrooms with signifcant potential to reconfigure and refurbish
• Light-filled extended living area with pitched ceiling, ‘Coonara’ fireplace, and expansive windows overlooking established gardens
• Enormous 1077sqm elevated block, off-street parking for multiple cars
• Close to trains, trams, freeway access, schools, cafes and restaurants
An extremely workable floor plan delivers scope for further re-furbishment, with the potential to reconfigure key rooms an undoubtedly tempting proposition. Located within minutes of public transport, parks, schools, local shopping and Essendon cafes and restaurants, this property is a rare gem and inspection will not disappoint.
0402 215 179
0419 300 603