As of Thursday 6th August, we have not be permitted to open the office but as with all changes, we are adapting to the landscape and working to meet the evolving needs of our clients.
Our property management team has been working remotely since the end of March delivering exceptional levels of service, therefore the closure of the office will have minimal impact on the day to day management of your investment property.
SHOWING HOMES TO PROSPECTIVE TENANTS OR BUYERS
The recent easing of restrictions means that we can now show prospective buyers and tenants through homes by private appointment only and in accordance with COVID-19 safe protocols.
As soon as your rent has cleared and is receipted it will be disbursed to you. Our trust accountant and finance team have been working off-site since March to ensure that payments are not disrupted.
Only URGENT maintenance can be dealt with under the new directives as tradespeople fall into the restricted workers' category.
Under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, urgent repairs in a rental property are:
- burst water service
- blocked or broken toilet system
- serious roof leak
- gas leak
- dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm or fire damage
- failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
- failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
- a serious fault in a lift or staircase.
Detailed information will be provided to all tenants regarding urgent repairs.
Routine inspections are permitted where there is a specific need to do so and only if deemed safe. With the assistance of online technology, we are working with tenants to secure virtual inspections.
Please contact your property manager for more details.
EVICTIONS & RENT INCREASES
At this stage, there is a freeze on evictions and increasing rents until 28th March 2021. More details can be found at Consumer Affairs Victoria
This information will be updated as soon as we receive notification from the relevant departments.
It hasn't been smooth sailing, and we are in regular contact with the REIV to understand the impact of the changing regulations to clients.
For further advice or to discuss any aspect of the management of your property, please call us on 9375 9375
We are so grateful for everything our landlords, tenants and tradespeople are doing to help us through these chaotic times.
Please be kind to yourself and stay safe.